Puffer protects you from the dangerous trackers and malware layered all through the Android ecosystem with only one click on.
Puffer acts as an area VPN service in your machine, but it surely doesn’t route your site visitors to a 3rd celebration. As a substitute, the opposite finish of the VPN connection is in your machine. From there, Puffer screens outbound connections towards recognized lists of unhealthy guys and stop connections to companies attempting to trace you.
Technical Description: Puffer is a packet-level filter for Android that makes use of the VPN interface to learn uncooked packets. By registering as a VPN, Puffer can get Android to ahead uncooked IP packets to the applying as a substitute of the community. Puffer then emulates a community card and performs complementary Linux socket operations however retains observe of TLS packets. Puffer reads the preliminary ClientHello packet of every TLS connection and extracts the SNI (Server Identify Indication) headers, which it makes use of to categorise and selectively block streams. By this mechanism, Puffer can block streams without having to decrypt the stream contents.
– In contrast to a regular VPN service, your knowledge doesn’t go away your machine, so that you don't want to position your belief in a compromisable third-party server!
– Puffer is simpler than PiHole, NextDNS and different DNS based mostly options as a result of Puffer will nonetheless work if the applying makes use of a non-standard DNS resolver.
– We preserve observe of what number of trackers we block, so you’ll be able to see simply how invasive your favorite web sites are.
– You need to use the supplied "Dwell View" UI to see the connections that your machine is making to the world, together with the hostname and IP handle, in real-time.
– Not one of the knowledge Puffer handles will ever be saved or despatched to Puffer servers, that is a wholly client-side answer.
– Puffer doesn’t decrypt encrypted site visitors, reminiscent of HTTPS, it solely appears to be like at site visitors meta-data and patterns to identify unhealthy requests.
– If you want Puffer to be always-on and restart along with your cellphone you’ll be able to allow this setting in your machine's settings. Journey to the "VPN" space of the cellphone settings (On Samsung units that is beneath "Extra connection settings") then click on the settings possibility subsequent to "Puffer" and toggle on "At all times-on VPN". It’s best to depart "Block connections with out VPN" disabled.
– If you’re having bother with any utility of the web site, please attain out to me on the listed developer contact. So long as I can view the web site or utility from my very own machine, I’ll attempt to resolve the problem for you.
– Customized blocklists.
– Bandwidth Meter (See which of your machine connections is consuming probably the most bandwidth).